Friday, March 9, 2007

...so I've made a blog

Dear Internet Diary,

Today I created you. With my bare hands. My electronic child, oh, I am so proud of you.

As part of my New Communications Tech component, I have to make a blog and correspond weekly comments, critiques, rants or serenades of whatever my reaction was to that weeks material. I hope I can step up to the challenge of not embarrassing myself on the internet.

A bit about myself, for those who have ventured thus far. My name is Dan McCarthy, I'm 21 years old and I'm currently studying a B. Arts at Griffith University on the Gold Coast. This is not my first attempt at such a degree...I've started my university career in 2004 at Macquarie University in Sydney, however, since then I've changed my major 3 times, gone backpacking across U.K. and Europe & also sunk into full time work in cringe-worthy name tag jobs. Now, 3 years later, I've decided to try and finish this degree so I can wander the Earth with more clout and perhaps, a slight swagger in my stride.

I tend to swoon over most things media - like B grade Japanese horror/Samurai films, indie/corporate pop sellout music, trashy magazines about celebrities or elaborate fashion, daytime/Late night TV and books that make me feel painfully average (re: normal), however, I like to think these aren't boundaries that I strictly adhere too. I have an ADD relationship with art, eg: I like art if I happen to see it, but I really don't have the concentration to delve any deeper than that, nor the memory to remember movements, artists or works. Other activities like sleep, TV or procrastination tend to get in the way. You know. Important stuff.

Most of my friends live in other states or cities, so last Tuesday I joined Ultimate Frisbee so I wouldn't (d)evolve into a hermit. I'm not sure what this is going to involve, but Stefan promised me monthly parties. I hardly know Stefan, in fact I have absolutely no way in knowing whether or not he's a chronic liar, but for a moment of desperation and/or weakness, I trusted him, and joined Ultimate Frisbee. For a 'Queen Elizabeth', I expect many Ultimate Frisbee Parties.

That's all I've really got for now. Feel free to leave comments, threats or similar rants. Seeya.

1 comment:

New Com Tech said...

good work dan. chris